[CAUT] review

Willem Blees wblees at bama.ua.edu
Fri Dec 1 10:01:36 MST 2006

Last night, the Crimson Ringers, a handbell group I direct, played our
Christmas concert. Unbeknownst to me, a reporter from the Crimson
White, the campus newspaper was there. She not only wrote a nice
review, but there is also a big picture of me with my arms out, in
front of the group. The picture is not there, but the review is, at
http://www.cw.ua.edu/vnews/display.v/ART/2006/12/01/45700c1f1f9d9

I showed the paper to the chairman of the department. He was very
impressed. What made it even more impressive is that the headline "The
Christmas Bells are Ringer" is in bigger font than the headline about
footbal coach Steve Spurrier not coming to Alabama. The Chairman
commented, "if someone would have said that a handbell performace
would get bigger headlines than a football coach, he would not beleive
it".

Once in a while it's nice to get recognized for the little things we
do.

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician