[CAUT] re-stringing Steinway D: pinblock preparation

Ken Zahringer ZahringerK at missouri.edu
Mon Dec 4 16:11:06 MST 2006

That¹s interesting, Jeff.  Maybe the mode of removal doesn¹t make as much
difference as I thought.  I have restrung without replacing the block only
twice in the last 10 years or so, and both times I didn¹t handle the pins
until I had backed them all out, by which time they had apparently cooled
off.  Both pianos still tune great, though.  There¹s always something to
learn out there.

Ken Z.

--
Ken Zahringer, RPT