[CAUT] Re-stringing Steinway D

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Dec 7 10:45:33 MST 2006

Hi Jurgen,

I've made a few people upset by suggesting that someone other than
Arledge might be good. I use Arledge almost exclusively now, but people
should know that there are other options. I hope we never close our
minds to others in the business. (I wonder how many have actually tried
Hellerbass?) Although James is extremely knowledgeable and a great guy I
would hesitate to anoint him "King", henceforth and forever... Some of
those boys at Hellerbass have been making strings all their lives and
know their stuff too! I've compared several sets side by side with other
technicians and they are good! I still use Arledge currently, however.

I always like to know my options. If I hadn't been open minded I would
never have found your crescendo punchings and the other excellent
products you have.

Thanks Jurgen.

Jim Busby BYU

(Flamesuit on)