[CAUT] Bridge pin removal

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Dec 15 07:57:14 MST 2006

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 100_0381.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 34320 bytes
Desc: not available
-------------- next part --------------

Here's what I came up with last night, rummaging through the shop for
available stuff. I found a 6" machine screw that had threads to match
a vice grip. I'll probably use the larger socket as the hammer (more
mass), but used the smaller one for the picture to show it in place
with a washer to match the hole in the socket with the size of the
screw head. BTW, Jurgen (fortepiano) has a nice brass slide hammer
for installing or tapping bridge pins.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico