[CAUT] Bridge pin removal

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Dec 15 15:16:57 MST 2006

Hi Fred

In really late on this one.. but had a thought... perhaps a dumb one but
I'll throw it out there anyways... how about a couple drops of Protek
Lubricator ? I cant imagine this would hurt the wood any... and might
just loosen things up just a bit...  Shoot this down immediatly if its a
bad idea folks :)

Cheers
RicB

    Thanks, all, for some great advice!
    I'm just doing a total of 8 unisons on a practice room Mason BB. They've
    been bugging me for years, so I thought I'd just spend a couple
    spare hours
    (juries being over) and tackle them. I thought I'd get away with just
    dressing the capo and changing those strings, but the four unisons I
    started
    with still had some zings, so I'm moving on to bridge pins. Tapping
    isn't
    working (they are bottoming out and barely move).
    It's a quickie, stop gap, not my usual full treatment
    re-surface/re-pin/etc. The piano is actually pretty nice as is for a few
    more years, other than this small section.
    Regards,
    Fred Sturm
    University of New Mexico