[CAUT] It was a funny first

James Ellis claviers at nxs.net
Fri Dec 15 18:38:40 MST 2006

I have heard lots of stories like the one Michelle told, and a variety of
others as well.  For my part, I will NOT do a "first" tuning for anyone
unless the adult person who calls me is going to be there when I arrive,
when I leave, and perferably for the whole time.  If they can't, or won't,
I don't.  I'm very cautious with "first timers".  There's just too much
funny stuff going on these days, and there are some people who are looking
for any excuse they can find to sue.  After I get to know the people and
their pianos, and they get to know me, it's an entirely different matter.
I have a few customers for going on to 40 years now, and we have complete
trust both ways.

Jim Ellis