[CAUT] It was a funny first

stranges at oswego.edu stranges at oswego.edu
Fri Dec 15 20:32:05 MST 2006

Thanx everyone for your posts about this.
Overall I'm just dumbfounded about the whole RUDENESS of it all.
I mean hey... who doesn't like to tune in complete silence?
That aspect was fantastic and the house was cool but I was honestly
slightly uncomfortable..youknowwhatimean??

If she had just *told* her family I'd be coming over none of this would
have happened...

And the spouse who did come home was just as surprised to see me as I was
to have found out that he didn't know I was going to be there that night.
He asked me a slew of questions of which I had very quick and correct
answers to so I think I had him much more at ease for sure when I left.
But I certainly didn't like bringing up that I just did two hours worth of
work and hadn't been paid.
I'm actually glad I did bring it up, for it was sort of "sticking up for
myself".

In all honesty, I REALLY hope he gave her some heck when he saw her later
that night... and another thing... I tend to write thank-you notes to
folks after a few days, for having had the opportuninty to work on their
instrument.
I have these sick fantasies of writing them one mentioning how I've never
been treated so poorly, etc..
:)

I will *not* do that, but its fun to think about.

I like the trust that people have in me and in this profession.
I am truly OK when the customer greets me at the door, stays for a bit and
then steps out for groceries, drop children off, etc... Heck it was a
constant in NYC when I lived there and tuned in those small apartments..

A little better communication (and respect for all involved!) on her part
would have avoided all of this.

Cheers-
:)
Michelle