[CAUT] balancier/wippens report

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Wed Dec 20 07:58:06 MST 2006

RicB -
I'm not sure why, given your disagreement with Wim's conclusions, you
are pressing him to write an article.  I myself am happy that he was
able to resolve this problem before the end of the year so he can get
smashed without a lingering sense of self doubt
and...foreboding?  However, I don't think the solution necessarily
captures the subtleties of the issue and I think that any article put
into the Journal should, at this point, be as definitive as
possible.  Why don't we all write it?  I don't think we've tried that
before.  See if Ron can set up a temporary sub-list of sorts, with
the specific objective of producing a definitive and accurate
description of checking function and parameters.  Two alternate
possibilities are a) someone with the tools and expertise is already
working on it, and/or b) such documentation already exists, in which
case, we should locate it and republish it, with due credit, of course.

Happy Holidays

David Skolnik