[CAUT] "we did something wrong"

Willem Blees wblees at bama.ua.edu
Thu Dec 21 11:24:12 MST 2006

So here I am, sitting in my lazy boy, enjoying a cup of coffee while
reading the morning paper, when my cell phone rings. It's one of the
cleaning ladies at school. "Wim, this is Sherry, I think we did
something wrong. We were trying to move the piano back in the Choral
room,and the legs came off". I'll be right there, I said.

Sure enough, the 9' Stienway was sitting at an angle supported only be
the lyre. They had taken the piano out of the Choral room and put it in
the hall way, to wax the floor. They had done this many times. But this
time, when they tried to run the truck over the door jam, the jegs just
broke off. (see attached picture)

I got the university movers (about 10 of them) to come and pick the
piano up and sit it on it's side. A nice project to start the new year.

Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
School of Music
University of Alabama