[CAUT] S&S D Action frame

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Fri Dec 29 13:24:36 MST 2006

A while ago I inquired about replacing the frame for a D.
Someone said that there was a dimension change between
the bass and tenor at one point.

I called parts and Chad never heard of such a thing. A post
to tech service is unanswered.

SO. Here are the dimensions for this rail. If someone knows if this
is the current execution, please let me know.

Measurements between screw holes on hammer rail:
A0 to F2    12.5"
A0 to C8     50.75"

I was hoping to hold out for the Overs Action to install but the
school is too antsy to wait.
Alternatively, why not install new brackets with flat metal rails
with all their benefits. And
where would one acquire blank rails and appropriate brackets?
--

Regards,
Jon Page