[CAUT] Tuning Hammers

Don McKechnie dmckech@ithaca.edu
Sun, 05 Feb 2006 12:57:31 -0500

Richard,

Some years ago I purchased an adjustable lever, wood handle and ball at
the end from Ford Supply. I used that for quite a while and found that
is was slightly more comfortable tuning uprights than grands. Along came
the Bowman levers. I purchased the "Style E" from Renner. The oval shape
of the ball suits my hand well for grand and uprights. I use the 5 deg.
head and a 10 when I need to clear struts, etc. Works for me but I would
like to try some of the other levers mentioned in this thread. Budget
priorities though. As Kent mentioned, "chosen my poison."

Don

Re: [CAUT] Tuning Hammers