[CAUT] 1098 slight redesign

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:53:09 -0700

David,

=20

The low bass is really thuddy and it gets better to the break. (Although
the side by side shows the original design even worse!) Hellerbass did
the rescale and strings. I may get Arledge to do it and then we could
see, w/o changing any more variables, what that does.

=20

I didn't measure the new strings to compare, since I don't do much
rescaling (yet), but I guess I should. It has a tendency to make my head
explode. Vince thinks I should just get the low bass replaced from
Arledge and see what that does. What do you think?

=20

Thanks for the feedback. I certainly need it with this project. I'm not
willing to let this "stand" just to be done with it because I feel it
will be of value to us all. There are a bunch of these rascals around
and I certainly want to find the best formula I can. It may be that I
need a new board design and the whole banana. I'm just trying to see if
I can find a cost/time efficient fix.

=20

I will update you with more info.

=20