The Practical Information In Humorous Threads (was: [CAUT] New Laws)

Tim Coates tcoates1@sio.midco.net
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 21:17:17 -0600

Jeff,

It was 30 below in North Dakota and 10 below in Sioux Falls today.  I
got an email today asking me about the technician who was moving here
from California.  Now we know.  He is on his way.   It seems there is a
shortage of technicians in the Watertown area.  I think you said
something about that area.  It was probably about 20 below there.  What
we are really excited about is someone who can show us how a piano
business is run.  We really have a lot to learn here in the country.
And use humor to boot!

As I said this really used to be a good list.  And I'm not the only one
who has noticed the decline.   There used to be days without a post,
and people were happy with that.   The priority was quality not
quantity.   I don't open most of the posts anymore  because I know it
is crap from people who usually don't have much worthwhile to say.
Digest form is a waste for the amount of postings.

Most  productive people aren't posting on the internet constantly.   It
makes me wonder if the people posting constantly are married and have
kids or have a life besides the internet.  Maybe that's all they think
about when they are tuning:  what to say on CAUT next.  That would be
funny if they aren't married and don't have kids and CAUT is what fills
the void.   Their sole reason for life is to post on CAUT.   (Another
example of using humor on CAUT with an underlying message.)

Tim Coates
Really Pissed Technician (RPT)
Charter Member of This List  (CMTL)
I'd list all the other crap I can think of, but I think those schools
and certifiers want to distance themselves right now.
(ILAOCTBITTSCWDTRN)
Wanna Through Crap, I'll Throw It Right Back  (WTCITIRB)