The Practical Information In Humorous Threads (was: [CAUT] New Laws)

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:38:25 +0100

I Tim, others

I gotta agree by and large with you here.  Caut has always been the list
pianotech should have been... but is becomming more and more like it
everyday.  I got to the point there where the list became as much a
matter of daily entertainment as much as any thing else. The result is a
greatly diminished list, dominated by breast beaters and frivilous
commentary.  I know the beat pretty well having been guilty in the past
of falling into that pitfall myself. Gets boring (at least for most) in
the end tho... and one either ends up leaving entirely... or back where
you should be... checking in occasionally to see whats up... or posting
occasionally to either ask a question or comment on something.

Might be time for Caut to defend itself.  Require CAUT membership to join ?

Cheers
RicB

As I said this really used to be a good list.  And I'm not the only one
who has noticed the decline.   There used to be days without a post,
and people were happy with that.   The priority was quality not
quantity.   I don't open most of the posts anymore  because I know it
is crap from people who usually don't have much worthwhile to say.
Digest form is a waste for the amount of postings.

Most  productive people aren't posting on the internet constantly.   It
makes me wonder if the people posting constantly are married and have
kids or have a life besides the internet.  Maybe that's all they think
about when they are tuning:  what to say on CAUT next.  That would be
funny if they aren't married and don't have kids and CAUT is what fills
the void.   Their sole reason for life is to post on CAUT.   (Another
example of using humor on CAUT with an underlying message.)

Tim Coates
Really Pissed Technician (RPT)
Charter Member of This List  (CMTL)
I'd list all the other crap I can think of, but I think those schools
and certifiers want to distance themselves right now.
(ILAOCTBITTSCWDTRN)
Wanna Through Crap, I'll Throw It Right Back  (WTCITIRB)