[CAUT] Possible article was Re: The Practical Information In Humorous Threads

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 08:18:40 EST

In a message dated 2/17/06 7:46:36 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jlolson@cal.net writes:

I'm saying  that behind our jests here exist real-life business
quandaries.  I  seriously think there ought to be a seminar on
dealing with customer  relations in prickly circumstances, because
our livelihoods are, at least  in part, dependent on how we handle
these situations.  You can be the  most skilled technician in the
world, but without a modicum of business  skills, you're -- if
you'll excuse my Latin --  screwed.

List

I am scheduled to write another article for the Journal as part of the
Economic Affairs Committee series, and Jeff just gave me a good topic to  write
about. But I need your help.

I would like to hear how some of you handle the questions Jeff posed,  and
any other customer relations issue that is not covered in the usual business
classes. This could be both at the school and in your private business. You can
write me privately or on the list.

We don't want to get to philosophical, or humorous, for fear of offending
some of our list members, but a few anecdotes are welcome.

Wim
Willem Blees,  RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
School of Music