[CAUT] Vertical hammer return spring slings, replacement of

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 15:31:32 -0800

At 04:39 PM 2/18/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>If you have quite a few similar Yamahas, in your clientele.
>You could buy one set, and replace the flanges.
>Then in your spare time, re-cord the ones you removed. You then have an
>operational set, ready to replace for the next time.
>John M. Ross

Ted Sambell gave me a nice little jig which holds the flange at an
adjustable distance from a little pin, with another bigger post to hold a
spool of cord. Run the cord around the pin, press it into both slots, add a
drop of CA each, then clip the end coming from the spool. Once you set it
up, the cords will all be the same length, without fiddling with all the
short bitsy pieces. But you do have to get the flanges out and back in.
Yes, it's easy to get the butts off the flanges when they have the plates,
but you still have to space, etc.

Susan Kline