[CAUT] Glue For Hammers

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:37:59 -0600

At 08:24 AM 2/21/2006 -0600, you wrote:
>I've used the Trim and Molding Glue, and like it. It sets pretty quickly,
>seems to hold well, and yet hammers can be removed in the rarest of chances
>that I could ever SCREW UP...................    I have to have something
>which will release not because I ever SCREW UP, but just in case I ever
>do..........
>Les

We all realise that thou wouldst never make an error in hanginginging
hammmmers. ;-}

I use hide glue where there is the reasonable expectation of re-doing it
down the line. I've replaced hammers/dampers/key bushings several times on
some pianos.  Not because of mistakes - because of wear.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.