[CAUT] Renner underlevers

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:02:51 -0700

I pull the block on the treble end that the tray pin pivots in, slide
the tray to the treble to release the bass tray pin from its block
(usually by prying between block and tray with a screwdriver). Then
the stoprail can be, with finesse, insinuated down and under the
loose tray and out. And replaced in a reverse procedure. I've done it
four or five times, without too much cussing (do make sure the glue
is dry before replacing - for which reason I use hide glue. Why would
I give that advice? Hmmm). Removal of pitman (or just dropping that
trap lever), and removal and later replacement of felt on top of the
dags helps just a wee bit, too.
	I'm sure Alan's maneuver works as well - hadn't thought of that route.

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm@unm.edu