[CAUT] Renner underlevers

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:49:05 -0600

Thanks for the comments.  With my tuning demands elsewhere right now I
was able to improvise a shim on the particular offending notes which
temporarily corrected that problem. This summer I'll be able take it out
of service for a couple weeks to do all that properly....and more.   I
was just really surprised to see what was causing the premature wear of
the stop felt and wondering if I might modify something later while it's
apart.  I don't have enough help around here to be replacing stop felt
every few years.  ....but maybe that's because something tells me I'd be
more than 2 hours.  :).

thanks again,

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf