[CAUT] Moving Pianos on Campus

Avery Todd atodd@uh.edu
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:24:24 -0600

Rob,

When I first got here, I talked to my boss & he agreed that we
shouldn't use students to move pianos, especially grands, because of
liability issues (state univ. are self-insured). So for 13 yrs., I've
been using professional piano movers. So far, so good! No back
problems, either. And I'm now 66. :-)

I'll help move a harpsichord with student help (usually a work study
from the office) and VERY occasionally a vertical. But that's about
it. Maybe I'm just lucky?

Avery Todd
University of Houston