[CAUT] Piano Horse

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 06:54:23 -0600

At 07:32 AM 2/27/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Cy,
>I almost always remove lids, fallboards, music desks....before moving, and
>turn hinges backwards just to be sure.
>Of course, if the skidboard fits pre-aligned, allowing the lid to hang
>over, that works, too.
>But, I'm still a bit leary of having the lid hinges stressed during moving.
>I'm working on a shim system that would take the force of the straps, and
>allow safe moving with lids still on.

I have some pieces of very dense foam (new piano packing pieces?) ~2" thick
6=7" wide and just about the length of a normal grand rim depth.
That 2" is higher than any lid overhang I've ever come across and allows
serious tightening w/o screwing up the hinges.

my 2¢

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.