[CAUT] Piano Horse

Tim Coates tcoates1@sio.midco.net
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:20:59 -0600

David,

The use of the piano horse if done according to the instruction video=20
doesn't involve a dead lift with the skid flat on the floor.   The=20
video shows putting a block of wood under the tail of the skid.   I put=20=

a 4x4 under the skid at the tail end.  It dramatically changes the=20
weight of the piano.  The skid is actually at a slant when the piano is=20=

lowered onto it.  I've had crews do this with concert grands and small=20=

grands while using the piano horse.  Changes the outlook about lifting=20=

a piano on a skid.

Tim Coates

On Feb 27, 2006, at 9:23 AM, David Ilvedson wrote:

> Brad,
>
> Now if you had another one that was configured to turn it over onto a=20=

> dolly (for when you're actually moving the piano not storing it in the=20=

> corner)...that would be even nicer...no one likes to deadlift the end=20=

> of the board to install a dolly...;-]
>
> David Ilvedson, RPT
> Pacifica, California

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...