[CAUT] Piano Horse/moving ideas

Rob Goodale rrg@unlv.nevada.edu
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:03:57 -0800

The "Piano Horse" appears VERY expensive.  Looking at the design it =
appears to be something like an upright tilter.  I could probably build =
that.  I have done plenty of welding in my time and have the equipment.  =
I am wondering about maybe building an all-in-one dolly/skid.  In other =
words a skid that has built-in outrigger wheels and notches where a =
piano horse type tilter could slip under somewhat like a fork lift.  =
Since I have only one piano that typically gets moved around for events =
I could even permanently attach some sort to guides to the keybed that =
the tilter would clip onto in order to prevent it from slipping out.  =
Your thoughts??

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV