[CAUT] disablity insurance

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 18:45:22 EST

=20
In a message dated 1/18/2006 5:40:19 PM Central Standard Time, =20
jim_busby@byu.edu writes:

Les,  David,=20
FYI, I have to carry  one million $ in liability insurance to do work for th=
e=20
LDS Church. It costs me $197.00 per year.  They also require workman=E2=80=
=99s comp=20
(I have NO idea why) but that costs me about  $560.00 per year. No disabilit=
y,=20
though.=20
Regards,=20
Jim Busby  BYU

This is interesting. You work for a university, but they make you pay =20
liability AND workman's comp. In Missouri and Alabama, the employer has to p=
ay =20
workman's comp. And it would seem to me, that an employer has to cover you f=
or =20
liability, also.=20
=20
Wim=20