[CAUT] becoming a university tech. HELP!

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Sat Jul 1 07:29:45 MDT 2006

    This post brings up an issue that I think we, as a caut community,
should address: the bidding process, how we can best respond, how we
can best educate the music programs about the process. I think most of
us are agreed that bidding piano service is a horrible idea, which
leads to bad results. It is, however, a reality in many higher
education situations, and probably most K-12 situations.
    Are there people on this list who have dealt successfully with this
sort of system? Any good strategies? Ways to influence the system to
push it toward qualified personnel rather than lowest dollar?

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico

Do I see a class about this being proposed for next year?

Wim