[CAUT] Steinway rail re-doweling

Rob & Helen Goodale rrg at unlv.nevada.edu
Mon Jul 10 09:39:13 MDT 2006

Hello,

Can someone tell me who does Steinway rail re-doweling?  I attended a class at a convention a few years back with someone who does it but I can't remember the name.  I know there are a few others out there who do it as well.  I have a customer with a 1908 model "A" she is interested in rebuilding.  There doesn't appear to be any stripped screw holes as of yet but with it's age I'm sure it's ready to be re-done anyway as long is I'm doing everything else.

Anyone have an estimate of how much this costs?

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV