[CAUT] Steinway rail re-doweling

Tim Coates tcoates1 at sio.midco.net
Tue Jul 11 19:16:51 MDT 2006

When I had John re-dowel a rail it was about $600 when the shipping was
figured in.  Later I was informed that a new complete action frame with
holes drilled and let off buttons installed was about $260.  The person
who informed me of this doesn't bother re-doweling because it is not
cost effective.   The numbers may have changed as far as SS cost, but I
think the math may still speak for itself.

Tim Coates