[CAUT] Agraff levels

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Mon Jul 17 16:54:21 MDT 2006

Wim
Usually I agree with you but after getting cross-eyed with a
particularly obstreperous D I got down close and checked.  The
agraffe was cock-eyed! Look closely on some pianos and you will note
the agraffes aren't always parallel to the same plane from one to the
next...Grrrrr!

That said, we do the best we can with levelling.  There doesn't seem
to be anything to be done about agraffes like that short of
replacement (which I may yet do) or judicious levelling which can be
achieved with care and caution.

Andrew