[CAUT] correx tension gauge

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Thu Jul 27 22:57:11 MDT 2006

Thats been my experience. Check both bushings by feel, then do either
the swing test or the Steinway shank tap after installing the
pin...which ever is your preference.

Cheers
RicB

David -

Neither the Neuses nor, I suspect, your finger, is as sexy as a
Correx, however both are accurate enough, is my opinion.  Do you ever
pin and not test"feel" the result?  The effective frictional
tolerance is pretty broad, especially if your target is anywhere
between the traditional 5-7swings and the more recent "infinite swing
with no sideplay" standard.  Maybe you can justify the Correx as a
means of calibrating your Neuses gauges? Just remember to get an
extra as a back up  (smiley out of commission).

David Skolnik
What if I'm wrong!?