[CAUT] Best bass strings (try Hellerbass)

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Fri Nov 3 14:21:35 MST 2006

Ditto, Arledge.

However, Hellerbass is also very good (and a bit cheaper) and if you
need German hitch pin loops they don't charge extra. (Arledge charges
$75.00.) Hellerbass has produced great quality for less money, and in
less time than any American makers.

Why use German loops you ask? If you need more back scale the loops are
one way to at least make it less stiff since they are about 25mm shorter
than the conventional loops. It seems to make a difference in sound.

Jim Busby BYU