[CAUT] WAPIN INSTALLATION: LIVE!

Tim Coates tcoates1 at sio.midco.net
Sat Nov 4 18:16:19 MST 2006

Jim,

No there is not.  Although the Journal article from quite a while back
had a picture of the two pin configuration.

Occasionally a two pin configuration is needed on a few notes on
Baldwin grands.  There isn't enough room for the trapping pin.

You are correct that the three pin configuration is THE standard.  And
for reasons stated below.  Although we are finding salesman like the
trapping pin.  It gives them something to show a client.  "This is why
this little piano sounds so big".  Unlike a bass string rescale, there
is something to easily look at.  It makes a difference on the sales
floor.

Tim