[CAUT] Duplex angle

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Nov 8 16:21:47 MST 2006

Hi Alan

I've always thought of this angle as being the angle between the
speaking length of the string and the string segment between the capo
and counterbearing... ie the capo as the vertex.

In my view, this angle does not significantly prevent leakage across the
capo to the duplex segment regardless of its degree.  It DOES get into
how much leakage occurs to the capo itself and is inter-related with the
capo profile and hardness in this context.

easy enough to make a measuring jig... heck  a bent peice of damper wire
will do I suppose.

Cheers
RicB