[CAUT] gorilla glue

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Nov 9 10:51:11 MST 2006

Yer right Dale.

Jim Busby

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Ward & Probst, Inc
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 6:05 PM
To: 'College and University Technicians'
Subject: Re: [CAUT] gorilla glue

Sorry guys- to the best of my knowledge there is no solvent that affects
this glue after it has catalyzed. I had to remove a case part once that
had
been attached incorrectly with poly glue and did a bit of research.
Think
polyester finish- you can grind it off but you can't strip it because
after
catalysis the material is basically inert. Heat from a heat gun will
burn
the shanks before it affects the glue. Mechanical removal appears to be
the
only option as far as I could find out.

Dale