[CAUT] Tired wippens

Alan McCoy amccoy at mail.ewu.edu
Tue Nov 14 14:31:07 MST 2006

Paul,

Part of the answer to this is how does this piano fit into the priorities
you have for your stable of pianos. You only have so much dough. If this is
lower on the list, it won't get the wippens. You also only have so much
time. If you can get these back into "decent" shape without spending too
much of your valuable time, that might be the thing to do with this piano,
if, again, it makes sense given your priority for this piano/venue.

I would never spend the time reconditioning a set of old wippens. Too much
time spent for meager results, especially so if the wips are designed for
shanks with 15mm knuckles.

My 2c.

Alan