[CAUT] Tired wippens

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Nov 14 14:27:25 MST 2006

Fred writes:

<< First remove all springs to one side. Put a bamboo skewer through a
bunch of them at a time, and clean the springs with a rag soaked in
mineral spirits.  >>

Greetings,
   I find it is much faster, cleaner, and thorough to put one of those small
felt wheels in the Dremel tool and just touch it to a piece of very fine
polishing compound.  Then simply go along the line of springs with a light touch.
The whole top of the rep springs will shine like new.  I use a 3/16" dowel
under the springs' ends to do a whole set at once.

Ed Foote