[CAUT] Piano Garage for Temperature & Humidity Control

Chris Solliday solliday at ptd.net
Fri Nov 17 07:15:20 MST 2006

This is a steel reinforced box solid enough for storage on top (no lost any
back stage space over this) and lined with plastic. I installed 2 DC Cimate
Control Systems around the lower perimeter of the inside of the box with an
easy fill tube and light panel on the outside (drilled 2 holes for those)
and we have a very stable box for storage. My Data Logger says it stays veyr
stable in this closed environment and changes very slowly thanks to Roger
Whitaker's engineering. This works much better than the $15,000.00 room at
the other place.
I should take some pictures and post them which I will do soon when the rush
to the holidays is over.
Two things about these boxes. Any box is better than no box as others haved
mentioned. And I have several of those I deal with. Secondly, if you have
climate control you should bring the piano out the night before the concert
prep so it can react to the room and get ready to react to the event (lights
etc). So we are careful to do that but we put the piano away ASAP after the
event, usually right after the finish of the event. Same deal with the room
biz.
Oh third we have found that it is much easier to get the piano in and out of
the box by using a Transporter which we purchased from Jansen.
That's all until pictures or if anyone wants to call.
Chris Solliday