[CAUT] squeak

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Nov 22 14:27:00 MST 2006

> Well, I went back and since there already was graphite in the keybed I
> took patrolium jelly commonly known as vaseline and put it liberally on
> the glides and it totaly stopped the squeak. I'll let you know if it
> starts again.
>
> Les Fitzpatrick

Bad idea, in my opinion. If the glides are squeaking in spite
of the graphite, it's likely because they aren't tight in the
key frame and are chattering as they slide. A drop or two of
CA will tighten the glides, and at most, a light rubbing of
candle wax on the glide pads (won't collect woolies) as a
chatter damping lube.
Ron N