[CAUT] Parts

kpiano kpiano at goldrush.com
Tue Jan 2 20:30:01 MST 2007

identical to the S&S whips except the numbers. My mentor said the new renner shanks were warping right back to where they were originally. He said he liked the lightened Brooks Abel shanks. The maple stays put. He also said Tokiwa had solved their pinning problems and their shanks were really good and you can get a 17mm knuckle placement,same as the Abels. Renner doesn't make a shank that will carry their own hammers. It's really hard to take that much weight off a set Renner blues.Keith Roberts

I just used some Tokiwa whips on an S&S A and there was less traveling than any set I have done, Renner or S&S. I had to travel maybe 5. They look