[CAUT] Cross papering

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Thu Jan 4 07:10:24 MST 2007

With Steinway's "rosette" design in the flange and matching shape of the
flange rail, there's a limit to how far you can turn the flange to align
the hammer to the strings.  If they need to go further than you can turn
the flange you can put a paper in the back-left and right-front corners
to force the flange farther left or it will go right with papers in the
right-back and left-front corners.  It's kind of an awkward way to
overcome the "advantage" of the Steinway-shaped flanges.

dp

David M. Porritt

dporritt at smu.edu