[CAUT] steamer

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Thu Jul 19 07:40:12 MDT 2007

Hi Alan,
	I use travel steam irons, from flea market/yard sale. Can't say I've
seen one on a shelf, so I don't know what is currently available, but
the words "travel steam iron" came up with several things similar on
the web (including, http://travelsteamiron.com/) $60 or so, compared
to the no more than $5 I have spent used. They have a small orifice
in the bottom, and you add salt to the water. The outer surface is
plastic (it is just a steam creator, like a vaporizer). I use 3-4
time the salt they recommend to get a good head of steam. The newer
one I have had too large an orifice, so I made it smaller with a
shield of thin sheet metal (aluminum flashing) held on with duct
tape. Works just fine. You can set the iron on the keys, steaming the
next couple while you remove the last.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico