[CAUT] Steamer

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 16:21:35 MDT 2007

I like the steam because it doesn't use the remover. I don't like to
impregnate the surfaces I need to glue with glue remover. I feel like I
should rinse them afterwards. I try to use the remover sparingly as a
dust-buster or wetting agent only and let the water do the work. Add heat
and the water does better.

A good steam can vary in temp by 80*. When it's hot, the wood dries in
minutes after removing the bushings. This is not good for resizing the
mortices.

Keith Roberts