[CAUT] caut Digest, Vol 1100, Issue 20

Jeremy Gould jeremygould at bsn1.net
Sat Jul 21 17:49:00 MDT 2007

I like the remover because I don't need steam and I don't need
wedges.  It's fast and easy to control.  The remover works fast
enough that the wood doesn't get as saturated as when using just
water and felt wedges.   I've never had any trouble getting the new
bushings to stick, and I've never loosened a key button.  I probably
get most of the remover out when I scrape any gelled glue out of the
mortise.  The wood dries very quickly, but that's probably because
I'm in Colorado and we usually have less than 20% humidity.

I have one of the shark steamers mention here, but I find that it
tends to expel quite a bit of water along with the steam.

Jeremy Gould

jeremygould at bsn1.net