[CAUT] e-bay pianos

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Mon Jul 23 12:58:33 MDT 2007

Paul, purchase a piano? no.

..but I have seen both sides of the fence..from
the thrifty housewife who wanted a new Baby
Grand Piano for her new home in the country to
an educated buyer looking for a specific make
and model.

The thrifty housewife bought from an ad on
eBay..and as far as I am concerned, got taken.
The piano was unplayable out of the box. When I
called the 'dealer' to find out how much they
were willing to spend to get this piano right,
they asked "What does it need?"

The educated buyer was looking for a M&H under
6k..and there was one very close to me. She
called me (from New Jersey) from a reference, I
went and looked at it, and assured her if she
didn't love it, I would buy it back from her.

Best to my knowledge, she still has that piano.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)