[CAUT] Key bottoms (was Re: key-easing pliers?)

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 21:14:49 MDT 2007

When I replaced the balance rail holes ala Spurlock, I drilled them slightly
smaller the first pass and they were tight, really close. I took a
1/8" chainsaw file that mics at .130 to .135 on the cutting surface and it
was tight so I inserted the file in the hole and rotated 1 turn
counterclockwise and removed. (I had to make a handle). They were perfect on
the new pins.
Lucky me.
So I ground off the back and sides of one of those files till I could taper
the hole until the key rocked nicely and leave the bottom untouched.

And when I checked them 2 years later they are still perfect.

Keith Roberts