[CAUT] Bushing cloth thickness

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Mon Jul 30 16:22:26 MDT 2007

<< Has anybody come up with a "best" thickness for key bushing cloth?  Here's
the story.  I'm working on a 1920s S&S B that doesn't have the advantage of a
home with air conditioning.   >>

I haven't found anything more durable or stable than the factory supplied
cloth for key bushing.  It is .053" thick at approx 50% RH.  I did have some
Fletcher Newman "box cloth" years ago which was firmer, but I don't know about the
stability.
   I also wonder if the wood changes more than the cloth. If so, reducing the
cloth thickness will make the problem worse...

Ed Foote RPT
the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour</HTML>