[CAUT] CAUT String Repair Class....was unusual repair

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Sat Mar 3 17:29:21 MST 2007

    One more little detail to make this repair more convenient. As outlined,
there is a problem of the knot wanting to ³untie itself² until it has been
brought to tension. The U part wants to slip back out of the loop. To stop
that happening, before making the U bend, make a small bend as close to the
end of that wire as you can, then make the U bend in the opposite direction.
You will end up with a U that has a little curve at the end. The curve will
serve to retain the U in the loop. So you can let go of it while threading
the string through the bridge pins and whatnot.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico