[CAUT] Snarly bass, was RE: Rubenstien Piano

Calin Tantareanu calin1000 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 03:47:54 MST 2007

Hello!

I was wondering, what is it that makes the bass in some pianos (Steinway D's
are usually good examples) sound snarly? I mean those very pronounced
ringing high partials at forte, which some like and others find annoying.
Soundboard construction? Strings? Anything else?

Calin Tantareanu
http://calin.haos.ro <http://calin.haos.ro/>

  _____