[CAUT] HVLP

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 7 08:39:34 MST 2007

Subject: [CAUT] HVLP
I'm looking into buying an HVLP system and thought I'd see if anyone has
some advice or experiences to share about these systems. I have a regular
compressor but no spray gun of any kind at the moment.

Alan

-- Alan McCoy, RPT

Alan: put Homestead Finishing on your list.  I bought my 3rd HVLP gun from
Jeff Jewett, the owner, and love its performance. He stocks a variety of
tips and needles, so you can spray heavy liquids like water based lacquer
straight from the can, or you can set the gun up for very fine work like
shading, high lighting, and spot finishing, etc.  It performs as well as
DeVilbis and other commercial guns I have.  It's also the first gun I've
owned/used that is "gravity feed."  It's connected to Campbell-Hosfelt 2 HP
compressor that supplies all the air I need.  I could go to my shop and get
you the make/model, etc. if you want that information.  Jeff is very
knowledgable with finishing and related topics. He's the author of several
books, and teaches classes at a number of woodworking functions.

Paul C