[CAUT] BALDWIN tray-height?List,

Mark Cramer Cramer at BrandonU.ca
Wed Mar 14 11:39:47 MST 2007

Hi List,

I've recently done some damper regulation on several Baldwins and noticed
the damper tray higher by a good 1/8th" in the Bass.

As a result, in order to get good timing with the keys, the end felts have
all been shimmed to match the slope.

I want to replace key-end felts and would rather not duplicate this uh, er..
"feature."

Any good reasons why I shouldn't make new pivot blocks and level the tray?

Is the tilted tray a  deliberate Baldwin "feature," anyone know?

thanks,
Mark Cramer,
Brandon University