[CAUT] False Beats and George Winston

johnsond johnsond at stolaf.edu
Fri Mar 16 11:08:56 MST 2007

For whatever it is worth, when I tuned for him several years ago there
was one note he didn't like (D5, I believe) just above the strut that
also suffered the subtle false beating. At the time there really wasn't
much I could do, and he accepted that graciously without issue. I
remember the concert and whole experience as one of my more fun jobs,
and the piano was not tuned in ET. So- do your best, try those
suggestions, and it will be fine.

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College